Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dali Llama


This was the first piece of funny artwork I ever did-- my family and I went to the Dali exhibit at the Philadelphia Museum of Art in 2005, and while eating lunch the idea for this painting struck me.

After taking it to my first art show and seeing how it made people laugh, I knew I wanted to do more-- Van Go, Deux Champs and The Matisse Falcon soon followed. And the rest, as they say, is history.

I'll be uploading more of my artwork throughout the day, and hopefully I'll have my entire portfolio of funny art up on the blog by the end of the week, if not sooner.

I have two other blogs-- (I know it's a lot of blogs for one person, but none of my artwork seems to overlap enough to be crammed into one blog) --one for classic movie related artwork and posts, Silents and Talkies, and another for my line drawings of 1920's flappers having fun in black and white- flapperdoodle.


Dali Llama
18" x 24"
SOLD

11" x 14"
SOLD